Sunday, January 6, 2013

The Heron ship



Greetings, my fine feathered friend!
For those of you who have read John Flanagan's series "The Brotherband Chronicles" you will recognize this ship instantly.  For those of you who haven't, you have got to read these books! :)  Flanagan is a master storyteller.  There is plenty of adventure, humor, and heart-warming moments to be found in this series.  And it is clean! :) 
This ship was made as a gift for my brother-in-law, which is why I had to keep these images under wraps for so long.  It was based on the drawing of the Heron ship featured in the books.  My dad gets all the credit for the construction of this vessel.  He is so amazing! :)  I did carve the figurehead and did all the painting.  The hardest part was creating the illusion of planks.  But we had so much fun doing this project together that I just had to share.  
Next step: sending these pictures to John Flanagan! :)
Until next time: Happy Flying! 

1 comment:

Thank you for perching in my blog tree!