Friday, November 14, 2014

Wren finished and some new drawings


Greetings, my fine feathered friend!
My little wren is finally finished! :)  The most difficult part was making the background interesting while also keeping it out of focus.  In order to achieve the effect you see here, I added a very light layer of white over the top of the background colors using linear strokes, a technique I normally reserve for creating fur textures.
My drawing board has been overflowing with projects lately in preparation for a show in April.  Here are two of those drawings:



While these are in my standard working size of 8x10 inches, I am also working on a 16x20 inch drawing of a mountain lion which I will be posting updates on very soon.
Until then: Happy Flying!





1 comment:

  1. I really like the little wren :D The background is very eye catching but doesn't distract from the wren its self :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for perching in my blog tree!